SCHERDEL Sales & Technology, Inc., located in Muskegon, MI since 1999, with a Metro Detroit office in Brighton, MI, is a subsidiary of SCHERDEL GmbH, located in Marktredwitz in the state of Bavaria, Germany. We are currently managed by the fourth generation of the founding family with sales and manufacturing activities at 42 sites in various European countries, North and South America and in Asia. SCHERDEL is strongly value driven and has a long track record of caring for our associates in many ways.
- Participate in new part launch and engineering changes to ensure quality issues are addressed
- Leads the development of PFMEA’s, control plans, flow diagrams with the program management and launch team
- Lead corrective action activities including but not limited to the closures of the corrective actions in the Customer and CAQ systems including but not limited to initiating, lead and assist the responsible team members in root cause analysis tools as needed (3X5 Why, 8D, Fishbone, etc…). Ensure effective and timely implementation of corrective actions are completed and reported to the customer(‘s) and management team.
- Interact with the Customer/Supplier as required (launch activities, corrective action activities, visits internal/external) including travel and visits at customer or supplier locations.
- Develop and conduct improvement projects (White/Green/Black Belt) as required
- DOE’s, Shanon Red X, etc…
- Conduct data reviews and develop improvement projects focused on improvements of customer, supplier & Scherdel process requirements
- Conduct and participate with the Engineering and Production teams in RFMEA activities including, but not limited to, mistake proofing audits and improvements
- Supplier development activities including, but not limited to, corrective actions including validation of actions, supplier PPAP requests, supplier changes, supplier audits. Ensure on time responses from suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Statistical analysis, precision measurement and process capability studies will become an intricate part of the Quality assurance program; therefore, formal education in courses related to these areas such as mathematics, statistics, Six Sigma, and industrial processes are essential for this position
- Health Insurance
- Bonus Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Team Setting