The Test Technician is responsible for testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies such as wire harnesses, circuit boards and unit assemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses basic knowledge of electricity, electronic components and circuit concepts to perform tests on harnesses, circuit cards and assembled units.
- Employs strong logical troubleshooting skills to troubleshoot assemblies and final systems to the component level.
- Utilizes basic test equipment including, but not limited to, power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, function generators, to test and troubleshoot assemblies.
- Analyzes and corrects field returns or unusual test problems.
- Provides technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to resolve problems.
- Performs preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems.
- Completes documentation including travelers, defect recording, CRNs, etc
- Provides technical support for other departments, working to identify needs and determine solutions to problems.
- Performs other tasks as directed
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates degree in electronics or equivalent experience
- 2+ years work experience in electronics, testing and troubleshooting circuit card assemblies, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts and overtime