The Maintenance Technician 1 is responsible for performing maintenance related duties pertaining to plant/facility systems (air handling units, dust collection, air compressors, lighting) and equipment which may involve rough carpentry, painting, minor machine repair or part replacement. They may assist tradesman with major equipment repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist maintenance tradesman (Technician 2, Maintenance Lead, or Department Manager) with repairing mechanical problems within the facilities.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic problems within facilities.
- Install filters on make-up air units/Air handling units.
- Assist with maintenance and repair of minor pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and actively involved in supporting Total Predictive Maintenance activities.
- Respond to maintenance work orders in a timely fashion.
- Submit purchase requisitions for maintenance or facilities related parts
- Regular attendance is required.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.