Job Title: Manager of Information Technology Department: Information Technology FLSA Status: Exempt
The IT Manager is responsible for providing day to day leadership and be an exemplary role model for the Information Technology team. He/she ensures the information technology assets of the company are current, secure and available while meeting the business needs of Nucraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate the integrity and performance of various information networks and software applications, evaluating how current systems and applications are meeting the needs of the company.
- Participate as the team owner/leader of the Epicor team.
- Manage the telecommunications systems and related activities.
- Stay abreast of current technologies and bring those technologies to the company in support of strategic and tactical priorities.
- Analyze customer requirements, procedures and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems.
- Work with Epicor Subject Matter Experts and Consultants to determine and correct system / process inefficiencies.
- Provide leadership for predominantly technological projects.
- Develop and manage annual IT operating and capital budgets.
- Identify, propose and implement opportunities to leverage information technology in order to drive competitive advantage and/or operational efficiencies.
- Build and implement plans to ensure that information technology assets are current, protected and recoverable in the case of loss or disaster.
- Develop systems to address IT related operations such as disaster recovery, infrastructure failures/outages, hardware repair/requests/replacement, software upgrades, etc.
- Ensure the Epicor ERP system remains viable and accessible in the case of loss or disaster.
- Provide consultative services regarding technology and technology advancements in support of strategic or tactical direction and projects.
- Provide first line of support for all in house developed systems, both thick and thin client.
- Develop and implement measurements to show status of the Information Technology team.
- Work with supervisors and representatives of all departments to provide support and to apply and introduce appropriate technology solutions.
- Manage Information technology team and projects to ensure timely completion.
- Confer with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports. Capture requirements of customer needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer systems.
- Reviews the computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program changes are possible within the existing systems. Evaluates effectiveness of existing systems and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of program development. Writes and publishes instructions to guide operating personnel during production.
- Manages and approves vendor relationships, evaluates current leases ensuring competitiveness of agreements and services/technologies rendered.
- Develops and provides both formal and ad hoc technical training to associates.
Supervise the Information Technology team including assignment of routine and project-related activities, evaluating performance, supporting on-going skills development, and providing hands-on leadership.