Superior Stone Products, Inc.
Job Description – Forklift Operator (Full Time)
This position is responsible for the safe operation of the shipping department’s Sit-Down and Stand-Up forklifts (Hi-Lo) during the collection and placement of inventory being prepared for shipment (picking). This position requires proficiency in the operation of Hi-Lo’s as well as various shipping tasks in an adhesive manufacturing operation. This position generally works a schedule from 7:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday, with the opportunity for periodic overtime.
- Convey palletized materials from storage shelving or worksites to designated areas.
- Verify inventory designated for shipment against picking sheets.
- Remove inventory from shelving and transport to designated work areas to be processed.
- Transport inventory from designated work areas back to assigned inventory locations.
- Ensure palletized materials are labeled, secure, and safe for storage.
- Ensure safe placement of palletized materials back into designated inventory locations.
- Transport inventory and materials to scale, holding areas, and other destinations as required.
- Receive and place pallets, materials, drums, chemicals, and other items into designated areas.
- Load and unload all goods and materials shipped and received by the department.
- Assemble materials onto pallets.
- Wrap pallets for storage and shipment.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Comply with Company’s Policies and Procedures.
Specific Skills & Character Traits
- Require (2) years of Hi-Lo operation experience.
- Extensive experience in Stand-Up Hi-Lo operation preferred.
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal.
- Detail oriented.
- Posses good organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible as customer’s demands may change.
- Ability to operate powered industrial truck (forklift / HiLo).
- Ability to read digital scale.
- In performance of this job it is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and or move up to 60 pounds of material, boxes, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as reading handwritten and or typed material.
$15.00-$19.00 per hour starting wage depending upon qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include medical & dental insurance, short-term & long-term disability insurance, and the option to participate in a SIMPLE retirement plan with a company match. Uniforms and boot allowance is also provided.
Honorably discharged veterans highly encouraged to ap