Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
The Nutrition Services Representative (NSR) is a hospitality role. The NRS is responsible for every aspect of serving patients. This includes getting meal selections, checking trays for accuracy, delivering and picking up of meal trays, assisting patients with tray setup, and conducting rounds for patient satisfaction. An NSR must have a kindness and respect for patients and be pleasant at all times in order to provide exceptional service. Mary Free Bed stands apart from other organizations by the unique combination of:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performing all work duties and routines as assigned by the manager, including using various dietary utensils, equipment and supplies.
- Assist in the preparation of meals.
- Meet scheduled mealtimes and snack times.
- Follow all policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations.
- Perform all cleaning duties and follow cleaning schedule.
- Assist in loading carts and serving meals.
- Follow reporting procedures for the following:
- Equipment or supply needs.
- Any item requiring replacement or repair.
- Any broken, unsafe, or malfunctioning equipment.
- Attend all meetings or in-services needed.
- Follow all safety regulations and codes.
- Follow all infection control procedures.
- Understand disaster procedures for drills and emergencies.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Communication and customer service skills, good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to follow written and oral directions
- Ability to use standard measures required
- Physical demands
- Able to exert up to 35 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 35 pounds occasionally
- Able to walk for the majority (1/3-2/3) of the time but may involve brief periods of time involving standing
Patient Services Manager
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.