Electronics Technician I
SoundOff Signal, a growing ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) firm located near Grand Rapids MI, is looking to add to our Technical Services Team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates SoundOff Signal's Core Values in daily interactions with internal and external customers.
- Test and repair warranty returns finding root failure causes.
- Schedule daily work assignments and projects directed by the Technical Support Manager, as well as be able to schedule assignments independently with some direction.
- Maintain productivity.
- Accurate recordkeeping.
- Able to perform automotive electronic wiring and installation of electronic devices.
- Maintain a high level of communication between Product Development, Quality, and Production departments.
- Maintain proficiency in customer contact and support.
- Process warranty returns.
- Processes Receivers and Receiving Inspections.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and analyze hardware, software, and systems over the phone and on the bench.
- Must be able to successfully resolve customer issues.
- Ensure department equipment is operated and maintained properly.
- Timely and professional email response for warranty, troubleshooting, and general customer assistance.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Assist the Product Development, Manufacturing, and Sales departments with special projects.
- Able to read and follow SoundOff Signal Work Instructions.
- Willing to train others.
- Able to perform job consistently and without excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to utilize magnification devices as an aid to troubleshoot and repair electronic circuit boards. This includes individual's ability to maintain effective vision that affords the ability to work on fine pitched microscopic parts.
- Ability to communicate failure codes and other pertinent repair data up line for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with people.
- Able to read and understand an electronic schematic.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing electronic equipment, including SM circuitry.
- Excellent soldering skills.
- Customer Service experience via the phone.
- Proficiency of the basic MicroSoft software packages including Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
To Apply:Please apply on our company website
SOUNDOFF SIGNAL offers a positive work environment, a competitive compensation package with a significant base salary, annual bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision insurance, life and disability insurance; vacation/holiday/community service time; on-site gym; retirement plan with generous match, and more.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.