Under the direction of the Senior Director Medical Sciences Institute, oversees and facilitates all aspects of marrow, stem cells donor and donation process. This role is responsible for providing customer value through services, executing business and strategic initiatives, managing people and financial resources, and overseeing ongoing and sustainable improvement in the areas of compliance, customer/employee satisfaction, and process control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains adequate and competent staff to meet departmental needs. Assumes all responsibilities regarding hiring including competency and certification level determinations, interviewing and selection.
* Oversees staff training for completion and competency, utilizing corporate training materials where applicable. Monitors staff performance and metrics.
* Leads department meetings which encourages process improvement and collaboration.
* Assures timely and adequate communication within and between departments. Demonstrates strong leadership behaviors. Encourages a culture of open and constructive communication.
* Oversees department procedures in accordance with all applicable blood center, including local, state and federal regulations and accrediting agency, SOPs for the safety and quality of the blood supply.
* Performs department Quality and Regulatory audits. Assures that staff retraining is completed where needed within department and NMDP performance standards.
* Assures completion of work up for assigned cases including oversight and active participation e.g. UPOIs.
* Assures adequate remote resources for blood draw, physical exams and G-CSF injections.
* Serve as Donor Center, apheresis Center and Biotherapies Coordinator as appropriate.
* Guides fundraising in all service locations.
* Prepares budget and manages monthly department finances.
* Encourages and personally demonstrates a culture of remarkable service, internally and externally.
* Manages employees in the NMDP department across all locations.
* Sets goals, monitors and documents staff performance and conducts annual performance management evaluations and reviews.
* Provides work direction and guidance to staff.
* Provides coaching and training to staff members to ensure success in their roles.
* Identifies and analyzes financial needs. Develops operational and capital expense budgets that ensure cost-effective operations.
* Actively participates in Versiti leadership meetings.
* Ensures that resources are used wisely.
* Processes purchase orders, invoices and other relevant paperwork in a timely manner.
* RN, MT or bachelor's degree from accredited college or university OR completion of at least one year of relevant secondary education coursework plus four or more years of relevant experience required
* Three years lead or supervisory experience required
Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inferences.
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to plan and perform difficult work where only general methods are available. Requires outstanding judgment and initiative in dealing with complex factors not easily evaluated, also making decisions where there is little precedent.
* This person must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision; multi-task; work with confidential information; and work under high stress or pressure situations and with tight deadlines.
* This person must possess a high level of organization and detail-oriented skill; professional demeanor and projection of appropriate professional image; and excellent phone skills and customer service skills.
* Must be able to comply with and follow regulatory standards.
Tools and Technology
* Personal Computer (desktop, laptop, tablet)
* General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy machine)
* Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all-inclusive or in any way construed as an employment contract. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this position at any time and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability or for other reasons solely at management's discretion.