FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Break Periods
• FREE Shift Meals
• FREE Uniforms
• Numerous training opportunities
• We empower our Team Members for career
advancement opportunities with education & training.
• Opportunities to give back to the community
through volunteering and philanthropic events.
• Be part of a company culture like nothing you’ve ever
experienced. When you’re here, you are family.
INSURANCE BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
• FREE Medical with Teledoc
• FREE Dental and Vision
• FREE Long-term Disability
• FREE Basic Life Insurance
YOU CAN ALSO OPT INTO MORE BENEFITS, LIKE:
• Short-term disability
• Additional life and health insurance for you, your
spouse and your children
• Critical illness
• Hospitalization insurance
• 401k plan including pre-tax and post-tax deferral
• Company match 401k
• Flexible spending account for medical
reimbursement and dependent care
The Steward I’s responsibility is in direct support of the Executive Chef and Executive Steward. They are to enforce all initiatives given, oversee their own responsibilities, and provide service to guests and team members in a professional, efficient and courteous manner while maintaining a clean, safe and attractive environment, in accordance with all company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members, and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Must be able to manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to obtain required work cards for the jurisdiction in which the property is located. Including, but not limited to a Health Card.
- Requires adherence to all company and department policies and procedures as well as all The 8 Guest Service Standards of Gun Lake Casino.
- Practice the Ten/Five rule consistently with internal and external guests.
- Must be able to handle a flexible schedule.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and maturity in his or her decision-making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations.
- Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain the unit’s appearance and operating standards.
- Entry-level position.
- Must be able to distinguish between the different patterns of plate-ware and silverware.
Food Safety/Sanitation/HACCP/OSHA Guidelines
- Must be able to demonstrate and ensure that the department is within HACCP guidelines.
- Must ensure and comply with a safe and hazard-free work environment according to the Department of Health and OSHA regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have the ability to learn the basics of soaps, chemicals, sanitation techniques, and ware-washing procedures.
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive, professional image by utilizing “Unsurpassed Service” practices.
- Must maintain an “Unsurpassed Service” personal grooming and uniform standards per your position and Gun Lake Casino’s policies.
- Have knowledge of where your SDS booklet is located for your department and understand its contents.
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Responsible for handling any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
- Follow set schedules and specific job duties.
- Treat each Team Member with care, dignity, fairness, respect, and recognition in an “Unsurpassed Service” manner.
- Display and encourages teamwork in the department.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers. Keep them abreast of all department activities.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the Executive Steward and Executive Chef.
- Attend daily Team Member Huddles and look at the communication boards for pertinent information.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness, safety, and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and the Department of Health.
- Must possess the ability to work hands-on in any kitchen environment pertaining to a three-meal period and high volume productions related to, but not limited to ensure all china, glass and silverware, flatware, dish machines, etc. are cleaned and maintained according to Gun Lake Casino’s standards and specifications.
- Ensure that all caution/safety makers are displayed properly.
- Empty trash cans for all kitchens.
- Clean and stock the Team Dining Room.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color, and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., push 150 to 250 lbs. on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees with or without assistance.
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift, walk frequently, bend, and reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance.
- Requires hand/eye coordination, the normal sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound.
Work is typically in an area that may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a non-sitting position. Team Members will be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, and navigate safely on potentially slippery floors. These tasks include the maintenance and care of the assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.