Founded in 1972, Skytron is a family-owned private healthcare efficiency company committed to providing the acute care market with innovative and flexible solutions. Skytron prides themselves on the family-feel atmosphere you experience the moment you walk in the door. We know the overall success stems from investing in our employees and their efforts so we strive to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and thrive!
Skytron provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that helps employees and their families lead healthy, productive, and balanced lives. Our benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, a profit sharing retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, vacation and personal time off, education reimbursement, a wellness program, and a company gym.
Summary: The Freight Scheduler reports directly to the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor. This individual works to perform all tasks related to the scheduling, picking, packing, communication and shipping of outbound freight product according to schedule and customer demands. Parts are shipped out via LTL and OTR carriers. This position works with minimal supervision and is responsible for inspecting and reporting any damage or inconsistencies in product or process that they come across and working with appropriate individuals to resolve.
- Schedules and communicates freight pick up according to schedule and shipment dates, ensuring on time delivery to customers.
- Works with the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor to provide daily guidance to the team, scheduling and communicating daily work, updating the schedule board, printing off documents and monitoring all loads.
- Ensures proper packaging, staging and loading of all products shipped.
- Reviews shipment routes and freight assignments to ensure accuracy and maximum savings.
- Investigates and communicates all issues and errors, completing necessary steps for correction.
- Effectively communicates issues and errors with internal teams, working together for resolution.
- Assists with the picking, packaging and staging of products for shipment.
- Upon arrival of trucks, assists in loading shipments accurately, using the appropriate material handling equipment.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement projects and events, sharing ideas for improvement.
- Cross trains in all functions of the Shipping and Receiving department.
- Demonstrates a willingness to help outside the department when instructed.
- Additional related duties, as assigned.
- Job Specific Knowledge: Capably handles required administrative functions such as document processing, report compilation, project management. Understands and competently operates mechanical devices, machinery and equipment. Has a working knowledge of mechanical procedures, functions, and uses. Follows product and work instructions, and prints. Knowledgeable with products, parts and processes.
- Quality of Work: Verifies work to ensure accurate results, requires minimal rework. Follows work instructions, procedures, and company policies. Meets productivity standards, deadlines and project schedules. Handles high volume of workload.
- Interpersonal Communication & Teamwork: Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing, and providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers, seeks understanding, encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit. Works well within the team, and recognizes and values others.
- Adaptability/Autonomy/Dependability Internally motivated. Works well with little or no supervision. Maintains a productive schedule, timeline and goals. Maintains a positive attitude amidst change and pressure. Can be counted on when scheduling and when making staffing plans, especially during critical business times. Consistently punctual and dependable in attendance. Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior. Voluntarily assists others.
- Problem Solving: Devises workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions. Addresses the cause of the problems, modifies systems, processes or work instructions to rectify. Seeks relevant information and answers to key questions from several sources.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with ambition to further education relevant to job demands.
- Experience scheduling freight shipments desired, but not required.
- Material handling equipment (MHE) experience.
- RF scanner experience highly preferred, but not required. Prior experience picking for an assembly area.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of material handling experience.
- General understanding of distribution is preferred.
- Understanding and experience with basic hand tools and power tools.
- Basic computer skills, e-mail (Outlook).
- Prior use of an ERP system is desirable.
- Ability to attain forklift, (hi lo) and picker license.
- Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 50lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 20lbs of force constantly to move objects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact Skytron's Human Resources Department at email@example.com or (800) 759-8766.