ABOUT THIS POSITION
Looking for an opportunity to join an employee owned company where you are responsible for obtaining and developing new business opportunities? Want to be part of a dynamic technical sales team focused on leveraging a growing extrusion companies core capabilities?
Custom Profile is an employee-owned company that develops and manufactures specialty thermoplastic profile extrusions and sub-assemblies with locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Camden, SC and Juarez, Mexico. Our in-house tooling design and fabrication allows for complete control of quality and reduced lead times. The company boasts a blue-chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
At Custom Profile, we foster a culture that pursues Total Customer Satisfaction with an emphasis in the following areas:
• Honoring our commitments.
• The pursuit of zero defects through ongoing training, use of the most effective process technology, and a quality system that ensures clear communication throughout the company.
• Responding faster than our competitors in all areas, from quoting and tooling new programs to delivery of product.
• Recruiting, developing, and retaining our employees.
Our employees love to give back to the community by participating in monthly community service events and volunteering their time to local schools and other organizations.
• Competitive Salary and performance based bonuses
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
• 401k with company match
• Gym Reimbursements
• Identify, develop and implement a plan to grow Custom Profile sales at new customers.
• Develop an individual pipeline of opportunities with new customers.
• Closes sales by building rapport with new accounts.
• Initiates sales process by scheduling appointments, making initial presentations, and understanding account technical and commercial requirements.
• Utilize MS Dynamics CRM system to manage new opportunities.
• Work with Program Managers and Tooling Engineers to obtain necessary information such as extrusion rates, finishing rates, raw material, part design modifications, packaging, etc.
• Interface with customers to obtain information to adequately quote programs.
• Follow up on open issues related to quote requests.
• Review customer prints as part of the quoting process and direct print revisions as necessary with design engineers.
• Release new product to Engineering through internal New Product Launch.
• Create customer quotes using Custom Profile’s in-house excel based quoting system
• Bachelor’s Degree in business/Engineering preferred, but not required.
• Five years of new business development, account management, Engineering or Operations experience
• Strong organizational and follow up skills
• Superior time management/prioritization skills
• Self-starter that takes initiative and is action oriented.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Computer Skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Dynamics CRM
• Strong Print Reading Skills.
• Ability to prospect new business opportunities; be persistent and meet sales goals required.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
• Willing to travel up to 50%.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• The noise level in our work environment is moderate.
• Safety glasses and closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.