Function of Beauty
Packaging Associate - 1st Shift
In our team-oriented environment, the Retail Outbound Prep Associate reports directly to the Warehouse Operations Manager to support the execution of the retail shipment prep.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Load and unload product onto the belt
- Affix SSCC Labels to cartons
- Develop Pallet labels by DC
- Perform quality checks
- Assist in final physical and virtual inventory checks
- Ensure all Safety policies/procedures are practiced
- All other duties as assigned
- Make sure the prep area is safe, organized, and clean (5S) at all times. Ensure trash and debris are removed in a timely manner.
- Participate in continuous process improvement to increase production efficiencies.
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Proven experience in the application of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Experience with various forms of PIT equipment (straddle stacker preferred
- Familiar with FIFO practices
- An independent, organized self-starter and team player who can assess needs and deliver results
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, and data entry experience preferred
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and have the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal hours including evening and weekends
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to be a team builder/leader
- Strong communication skills
- Solution orientated
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lift and move objects up to 50 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours, and wet or uneven surfaces
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Able to work any shift, including overtime
- Competent with using a PC, Word, Excel, and Windows OS
- Reliable transportation
Function of Beauty is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer