We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Maintains a clean, safe environment inside and outside the hospital by performing duties according to departmental techniques, procedures, and needs. Scheduled work may include weekends, holidays, and/or a variety of shifts.
- $14.50-hour minimum wage
- 24+ days PTO/Vacations per year
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- 403B with Bi-Weekly Employer Contribution and Annual Matching
- College Reimbursement
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Cleans in assigned areas, such as patient rooms, nurses' stations, examination and treatment rooms, public and patient lavatories, lounges and offices, and public areas.
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops and wet mops floors and stairways, spots carpets, and buffs hard floors.
- Cleans and sanitizes discharge beds. Makes beds in designated areas. Washes down all patient discharge furniture including night stands, dressers, and over-bed tables. Cleans and sanitizes waste receptacles.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and completes appropriate disposal.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes baths, lavatories, and shower/sink fixtures. Stocks paper and soap products, etc. as necessary.
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and extracts furniture. Cleans and polishes glass surfaces, walls, and window sills, window frames, doors, and registers.
- Scrubs bathroom tiles, woodwork, lights, and vents.
- Maintains equipment and materials in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assists with setups, linen delivery, mail delivery, general deliveries, etc.
- Vacuums and edges carpeted areas as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate through the oral and/or written process and ability to follow directions.
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to work independently. Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb
- The ability to hear, speak, write and see (correctable vision)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.