Are you detail oriented? Do you enjoy entering and maintaining data? Do you enjoy a fast paced work environment? If this is you, we would like to consider this Master Data Specialist role with Gordon Food Service!
The Master Data Specialist is instrumental for setting up and maintaining thousands of items by completing master data creation and controlling the activation of records in data management systems. The role conducts system maintenance of specific data fields and ensures defined data quality levels according to corporate standards and protocol. The Master Data Specialist conducts data entry related to products, suppliers, customers, or marketing content. Be part of it!
How you will make an impact:
- Updates data management system with new master data and makes revisions in accordance with corporate standards and protocol.
- Completes project work in support of data management and other master data administration tasks.
- Advises and provides guidance on data standards and processes to internal stakeholders and data users. Challenges non-compliant content, collaborates with customers on solution options, and determines acceptable composition prior to activation.
- Drives compliance or resolution of invalid, incomplete, or inaccurate data content with internal customers.
- Ensures maintenance or creation requests are timely and accurately entered into master data systems.
- Responsible for continuous improvement related to master data quality, or efficiency; improving overall customer satisfaction.
- May provide support for accurate management of data associated with promotional campaigns and customer launches and with master data life-cycle activities including related reporting.
- May include responsibilities for special order sourcing.
- May conduct regular data cleansing or data organization and quality initiatives to improve data integrity and consistency.
- May determine new attributes and data value abbreviations and maintain cross-reference tables.
- May include the collection, filing, coding, and posting of certification documents.
- May include organizing and data entry of nutritional data, marketing statements, images, or pricing data.
- One (1) to two (2) years of previous food service, marketing, or technical writing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Associate's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, English or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, email and internet software applications, and online meeting technologies. Microsoft Excel experience (i.e. VLOOKUPS, Pivot tables). Experience is a plus.