Field Service Software Engineer, Hudsonville, Michigan and Multiple Locations in USA --
Altron Automation is a custom manufactured automated machinery company in West Michigan. We design, build and execute all in-house, located in Hudsonville, Michigan. Included in our capabilities are advanced manufacturing systems, test equipment, reinforced plastics and prototyping. We provide best-in-class automated tooling and equipment and are recognized as a top-tier manufacturing partner dedicated to anticipating customer’s needs.
For more than 30 years Altron Automation has been designing high quality engineered solutions and creating automation with the very best service and engineering team. We are all about quality, dedication and integrity. Delivering results with pristine accuracy is essential to us.
This position is responsible for completing field service operations in our customers’ facilities using both software and hardware engineering expertise. The ability to resolve issues in our customers’ facilities is essential. The engineer will design and implement software for automotive end of line equipment and will actively participate in the development and the field support of these machines, worldwide. This is a full time, salaried role.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel to customer facilities to help support equipment install, including program and debug.
- Travel will be up to 80% and may include some international travel.
- Programming real-time/multitasking control software in Microsoft’s .Net Framework (Visual Basic preferred).
- In-vehicle network experience such as CAN, LIN, or KWORD 2000.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware systems in the lab and in the field.
- Communicate with customers and management to define requirements and resolve functionality or schedule conflicts.
- Document code and manuals to ease software maintenance.
- Support new equipment and equipment-installed base by providing on line support or on location support throughout the world.
- Modify and maintain software upgrades.
- Troubleshoots machines at the customer’s facility. Time may be considerable depending on the complexity of the machine(s).
- Conduct operator and maintenance training which may be required at the customer’s facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (concentration in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering strongly preferred).
- 5 years of experience in software design and engineering for automotive equipment.
- 5 years of programming in Microsoft’s .Net Framework (Visual Basic preferred).
- 5 years of in-vehicle network experience such as CAN, LIN, or KWORD 2000.
- Strong understanding of electronic and computer software and hardware systems, and able to use this knowledge to troubleshoot equipment and advise others in the lab and field.
- Solid experience in the programming of serial and network communication interfaces (RS 232/422, Ethernet).
- Familiarity with Windows programming.
- Object oriented programming experience.
- Good understanding of mechanisms and mechanical components.
- Fundamental PLC skills a plus.
- Strong documentation skills essential.
- Dedication to high quality important.
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goal and exercises team effort to achieve success.
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Thoughtful and respects peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers; able to work in multicultural environments.
- Handles pressure well with a positive attitude.
- Prioritizes and handles many tasks simultaneously and has demonstrated organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Takes pride in company and has concern for corporate image.
- General housekeeping of work areas.
See more about us at www.altronautomation.com