Field Service Engineer, Hudsonville, Michigan and Multiple Locations in USA --
Altron Automation is a custom manufactured automated machinery company in West Michigan. We design, build and execute all in-house, located in Hudsonville, Michigan. Included in our capabilities are advanced manufacturing systems, test equipment, reinforced plastics and prototyping. We provide best-in-class automated tooling and equipment and are recognized as a top-tier manufacturing partner dedicated to anticipating customer’s needs.
For more than 30 years Altron Automation has been designing high quality engineered solutions and creating automation with the very best service and engineering team. We are all about quality, dedication and integrity. Delivering results with pristine accuracy is essential to us.
This position is responsible for completing field service operations in our customers’ facilities using both controls and mechanical expertise. The ability to resolve issues in our customers’ facilities is essential. This is a well-rounded position utilizing mechanical, controls and robotics skills. There is a great deal of variety and challenging engineering problems to resolve daily. This is a full time, salaried role.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel to customer facilities to help support equipment install, including program and debug.
- Travel will be up to 80% and may include some international travel.
- Program logic controllers and any other components including robots, servo drivers, displays, remote interfaces, and more.
- Progress with designs of multiple machines.
- Review, resolve and investigate opportunities that arise pertaining to active jobs.
- Review procedures and make suggestions for company standards procedures.
- Maintain network files as required for the controls design department.
- Evaluate new and/or additional software.
- Resolve problems encountered by manufacturing.
- Troubleshoots machines at the customer’s facility. Time may be considerable depending on the complexity of the machine(s).
- Conduct operator and maintenance training which may be required at the customer’s facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field, with Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred (Applicable years of experience and education may be considered).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in controls design and engineering.
- Strong ability reading and drawing controls schematics.
- Able to use AutoCAD drafting on PC’s.
- Able to program for Allen Bradley controllers.
- High Level of experience in machine building practices (wiring, plumbing, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of machine control practices.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude essential.
- General knowledge of industry products and local distributors of products.
- High quality focus important.
- Strong documentation skills essential.
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goal and exercises team effort to achieve success.
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Thoughtful and respects peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers; able to work in multicultural environments.
- Handles pressure well with a positive attitude.
- Prioritizes and handles many tasks simultaneously and has demonstrated organizational skills.
- Excellent, professional communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Takes pride in company and has concern for corporate image.
- General housekeeping of work areas.
- 3 years of experience with Programmable Logic Controllers.
- 3 years of experience with RS Logix.
- 3 years of troubleshooting custom manufactured automated machinery.
- Background in robotics a plus.
- Supervisory skills.
See more about us at www.altronautomation.com