Work for one of the Nation's Best & Brightest employers! The Knickerbocker in Grand Rapids Michigan is looking for Line Cooks to join our team!
- Participate in the preparation of food in advance of service, stock stations, prepare foods to order during service and maintain the organization and sanitation of the kitchen. This is a part-time position for The Knickerbocker in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
What we offer you
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture; one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
What you would do
- Lead and act in a manner that is consistent with our Mission, Vision & Values.
- Stock and organize the line.
- Responsible for safety and sanitation of food and workspace.
- Prepare all product for service according to prescribed specifications.
- Follow policies and procedures of kitchen conduct.
- Maintain organization of the coolers and ensure proper rotation and temp of product.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas.
- Work with a sense of urgency at all times.
- Participate in weekly cleaning projects.
- Constantly strive to achieve more knowledge and skill in food preparation.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you offer us
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Physical requirements
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to ten (10) hours at at time.
- Minimum 1 year experience in food service preferred.
- Prior exposure to a vast array and cooking techniques and methods.
- Familiarity with safe handling techniques prescribed by the Kent/Ottawa County Department of Health.
How your job supports the mission
- Creating the best experience for the customer with the quality and consistency of the food you produce.
- Taking responsibility for everything you make.
- Creating a fun and engaging work environment while engaging and respecting peers.
Summary of a typical day
- Going through station prep list and building station prep list for the day.
- Making sure all mise en place is in order and ready to go for the start of service.
- Working service.
Reports to: Executive Chef
New Holland Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Our Mission: At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
Our Vision: New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
Our Values: Believe – Engage – Own – Lead – Act with Integrity - Care