Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The Senior Closeout Support Analyst is responsible for the leadership, management and administration of information pertaining to the successful future operations and maintenance of equipment associated with projects supported by the Enterprise Project Management. They perform complex analytical, technical and administrative tasks, the scope of responsibility requires individual initiative to assimilate data from various sources and factor multiple systems or processes into decisions. They analyze the data and develop technical solutions, systems, or procedures and implement recommendations. This analysis includes but is not limited to operational analysis, technical design, system troubleshooting and project coordination. They would be required to understand equipment identification, functional locations, technical drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams, wiring diagrams, databases and the functionality of both mechanical and electrical equipment. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain a complete Master Data/Equipment List
- Update Master Data within SAP
- Identification and labeling of equipment needing tagging
- Help verify that Technical ID's align on equipment, SAP and drawings
- Create and enter Maintenance Plans within SAP
- Create and enter Materials within SAP
- Create and enter Bill of Materials within SAP
- Create or modify Operating Procedures related to projects
- Bachelors' Degree in engineering, construction management or related degree. Less than a bachelor's degree may be acceptable if accompanied by extensive Company or industry experience in positions that demonstrate required abilities and performance.
- 7+ years of experience
Location is flexible
- Proficiency in SAP
- Knowledge of Gas Compression and Storage Stations
- Knowledge of Generating Plants
- Good understanding of software functionality to provide support and direction for Closeout and data management initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to function on a team, participate in collective decision making and a strong customer focus
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the identification, management, evaluation and support of all work management activities that are applicable to the successful operations and maintenance of newly installed equipment or repairs. Assist with determining and verifying a complete list of equipment associated with an individual project. Determine what equipment may require a Maintenance Plan by referencing Operations and Maintenance manuals and other related sources. Create and enter identified Maintenance Plans in SAP. Determine what equipment will require Bill of Materials (BOMs) and create material master numbers for individual parts to create and enter BOMs into SAP. Assist with determining frequency and activation of Maintenance Plans and a recommended spare parts list. Create or modify operating procedures associated with newly installed equipment.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work at least 40 hours per week. Time will be spent in the office, headquarters or specific field locations. Limited travel will be required to specific projects throughout the state and may include overnight stays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions include indoor, outdoors and hazardous environments in field operations, corporate office, generating.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.