The Herman Miller Group Technology Team is building a customer-centric, digitally enabled business model to reshape the way our family of brands does business. We're driving new revenue growth and creating frictionless internal processes through our innovative technology solutions, and we need an IT Full Stack Development Manager to help us get there
As an IT Full Stack Development Manager, you'll work with an experienced team focused on delivering digital tools in modern cloud technologies. Your initial project will be to help support the selection of technologies and tools to upgrade our global dealer portal to provide a new and robust digital experience. You will work with the product owner, development team, and third-party resources to ensure project success and advance our overall suite of dealer tools.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Managing a software development team that is part of several self-organized, cross-functional Agile product teams
- General responsibilities include hiring talent, training employees, one-on-one employee meetings, performance reviews, and meeting with product owners
- Defining technology standards and guidelines for front end development across multiple product teams
- Supporting product team success by monitoring development team velocity, incident resolution, and overall performance
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field
- Seven or more years of experience in IT
- Three or more years of experience managing a software development team
- Experience working with product owners to identify and address skill level gaps with the development team
- Ability to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and in appropriate business terms
- Ability to identify and maintain external resource relationships and hold them accountable for deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work with global development team members
- Proven experience working with global development teams
- Experience providing technical guidance on complex issues
- Knowledge and passion for development in modern technologies
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.