Victorian Heights Assisted Living, part of the Iron County Medical Care Facility complex, seeks part-time Tenant Care Aides to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan. On the job training provided.
The ideal candidate is able to take direction and be flexible to work in a multitude of positions (as needed) including tenant care, food service, housekeeping, cleaning, personal care, and tenant activities. This position requires compassion, a willingness to collaborate with other staff, and be in good mental and physical condition as you care for our elderly, disabled, and tenants of various care needs.
- Carry out instructions of supervisors.
- Assist in preparing and serving meals for tenants; obtain food and required supplies.
- Assist in ordering, checking and storage of supplies.
- Assist in washing dishes, maintaining kitchen and snack/beverage area.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as cleaning/servicing apartments, bathrooms, recreational rooms, offices, laundry room, dining rooms, hallways, common areas; dusting, empty trash, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping floors.
- Assist with arranging and setting up tenant activities such as card games, bingo, shopping trips, crafts, movie night, picnics, doctor appointments, exercise class, etc.
- Assist tenants w/personal care necessary for daily living (bathing, dressing, transfers, medications, toileting).
- Assist with lifting and transferring tenants, as needed.
- Participate in in-service programs.
COMPENSATION. Starting wage of $11.79 per hour with an increase to $12.10 after 6 months; $12.40 after 1 year of employment plus a $1,000 sign-on bonus. This position offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid vacation, paid sick time, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, a uniform allowance and pay incentives for perfect attendance and picking up additional shifts.
SCHEDULE: 24-32 hours per week; varying shifts (mornings, afternoons, nights) as scheduled; depending on staffing, position may work more than 2 weekends per month and holidays as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license, desired.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position which includes flexibility to work in various departments such as tenant care, food service, housekeeping, cleaning, and tenant activities.
- Ability to take initiative in delivering exceptional customer service to our tenants (elderly, disabled, etc.).
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst peers and tenants.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks; position has frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at victorianheights.hirescore.com