DescriptionYou can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an Accounting Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As an Accounting Manager, you'll apply comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, theories, and techniques in conducting activities to support the development, monitoring, and maintenance of ledger accounts and financial statements/reporting. You will supervise a team of accounting professionals and assign personnel to tasks and projects.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Analyze and reporton financial information regarding key process metrics, including pricing differences, cash discounts, average day's payables outstanding, and other analytical or statistical reporting. You will implement changeto improve these key performance indicators.
- Leadthe Accounts Payable Team responsible for processing direct material and indirect suppliers'invoices and payments.
- Overseethe daily work processes of the Zeeland and Herman Miller India Accounts Payable Teams. You'll manage theallocation of work across these two teams though the On Base system.
- Monitorand analyzethe procure to pay process and the related impact on timing of liability recognition expenditure timing.
- Overseeand be responsiblefor the Accounts Payable portion of the procure to pay processes.
- Work with cross-functional areas (Supply Management, IT, Material Planning, Logistics, etc.) to assist with the implementation of improvements and efficiencies in procure to pay process and impact internal and supplier experiences.
- Overseeand review reconciliations of Accounts Payablesub ledger systems to the general lecger on a periodic basis.
- Overseemonthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual supplier statement reconciliations to management as required per the SOX compliance package.
- Maintainan effective and documented internal control environment as required under 404 (SOX) within your area(s) of responsibility and the areas supported by the team.
- Oversee the processing of exception invoices related to pricing issues for both accounts payable systems.
- Providedirection to the Accounts Payable Team to resolveinvoice processing issues.
- Reviewand approvethe various payment runs for both Accounts Payable systemsand intercompany clearing runs.
- Coordinatetotal payment run totals with Corporate Treasury to ensure the appropriate payment types are being used, adequate funds, and the cash flow impact of each payment run.
- Workclosely with foreign suppliers to maintain timely payments and resolves account adjustments.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. A Master'sdegree or CPA is preferred.
- Six years of professional accounting experience.
- Two years of experience as a manager or supervisor with strong process-focused experience.
- An understanding of the foreign currency payment process and the impacts of foreign currency fluctuations.
- The ability to manage a large, complex process as well as the abilityto monitor for potential issues and concerns.
- Financialliteracyand well-developed business acumen.
- A leadership style that reflects creative and innovative thinking, performing as a team player, and is service oriented.
- A high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience,resulting in effective working relationships.
- The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Primary Location:United States-Michigan-Zeeland