Electrical design of PLCs & HMIs, safety, robots, and vision for new, used, and refurbished equipment. Plans and coordinates manufacturing processes and projects in the plant which include new product introductions, special engineering projects and assignments to support the goals of the business unit by performing the following duties. Leadership role in defining and maintaining technical aspects of the controls team strategy deployed to solve problems in current manufacturing and new equipment design.
- Assess, manage and implement necessary solutions in the areas of roles and responsibilities, compliance risk management and improvement strategies.
- Plans for and manages projects to cost, timing and quality objectives.
- Coordinates with Mechanical and Design Engineering teams to develop controls strategy for new equipment in support of product quality, function and customer satisfaction.
- Confers with designers, quality, vendors and purchasing to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Maintain and assess standards for controls structure for internal and external projects.
- Assists with instruction and training of operational employees to achieve company goals.
- Implements new technology that supports Viking's quality and efficiency.
- Creates and revises schematics and electrical layout drawings.
- Develops and maintains computer, HMI and PLC programs.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to improve the infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with all Viking, local and governmental regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper management of electrical distribution documents (manuals, diagrams, drawings software packages/licenses, etc.) through efficient file control methods.
- Interface with cross-functional groups at both technical and management levels.
- Requires a BSEE or equivalent
- 7-10 years' experience working in controls, automation, manufacturing engineering, etc.
- Programming experience with Rockwell Automation Suite of products including RS5000, FactoryTalk, & Kinetix Servos.
- Experience with Fanuc robots, CNC controllers, Servo Motor Control and Vision System.
- Experience with electrical schematic generation and distributed control systems including DevicenNet and Ethernet/IP. "
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, strong critical thinking skills, good communication skills and a high attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of electrical codes and standards
- Knowledge of Manufacturing IT, industrial networks and applications.
- Experienced understanding of financial analysis and relevant business drivers.
- Demonstrated proactive problem-solving ability. Able to think objectively through various options and scenarios.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes