Versiti was founded with the belief that together, our blood centers can better serve patients' urgent need for life-saving healthcare. We love what we do, and we're looking for passionate individuals to join the Versiti family. We foster a diverse environment that affirms each employee's dignity and worth, and we offer a chance to work with a team of compassionate people who provide lifesaving blood to our communities on a daily basis.
What you can expect in this position:
Under the direction of the Versiti Supervisor Transportation, executes standard processes and policies for transportation courier services including blood product hospital deliveries and returns, donor center and mobile blood pick-ups, supply deliveries, distribution site transfers, Diagnostic Lab sample pick-ups, Pharmacy deliveries, and Donor Testing Lab tube deliveries, in a safe and timely fashion while meeting customer expectations and complying with applicable regulatory standards.
What you will do:
- Executes Versiti policies and procedures for internal blood product hospital deliveries and returns, donor center pick-ups, equipment, interoffice mail, supply deliveries, distribution site transfers, Diagnostic Lab sample pick-ups, Pharmacy deliveries, Donor Testing Lab tube deliveries
- Ensures the safety, purity, potency and efficacy of products by following Versiti procedures in handling of all blood and blood products
- Communicates any fleet maintenance needs, completes pre-trip and post-trip inspections, fuels vehicles, and general vehicle upkeep
- Organize non-scheduled STAT deliveries and special requests to maintain efficiency and meet customer requirements
- Practices defensive driving techniques, complete vehicle driving and safety training course (online or in person)
- Executes Versiti customer service strategies designed to meet and/or exceed customer requirements
- Completes all Versiti required training on time
- Adheres to the laboratory safety policies as outlined in the department manual and employee handbook
- Responsible for vehicle cleanliness, assuring no products, equipment, samples or materials remain in the vehicle at the end of the shift
- Appropriate appearance and uniform required
- Complete all paperwork correctly
- Demonstrates courtesy for other drivers and consideration for weather and road conditions
- Performs other duties as assigned
What's in it for you?
- Complete insurance coverage - medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through the integration of science, medicine, and service.
What you will need:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Valid driver's license
- Must pass Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check
- 2-4 years' experience as a route driver preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to follow directions and read a map
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability and motivation to cross train in Hospital Services
Tools and Technology:
- General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy machine)
- Computer (desktop, laptop, tablet)
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Software systems (Blood Establishment Computer Systems, Title 21, Dispatch Software)
- Versiti vehicles
- Hand-held tablet/mobile device
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all-inclusive or in any way construed as an employment contract. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this position at any time and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability or for other reasons solely at management's discretion. All position descriptions will be reviewed and updated at least once per year when the incumbent is reviewed or as attrition occurs.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.