You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Senior Sustainability Engineer at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Sustainability Engineer, you'll apply engineering theories and concepts to assignments under minimal supervision and in support of business objectives, and provide engineering leadership and expertise. You will conduct feasibility studies, determine manpower and cost estimates, and develop engineering criteria. You'll also perform analyses to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems, and components. In addition, you'll apply originality, ingenuity, and knowledge of other disciplines in solving complex problems. Emphasis in your work will be placed on your team participation, ability to plan, and ability to achieve results on assigned projects.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou...
- Actively participate in the development of engineering and quality processes andrecommend process improvements.
- Apply learned engineering skills to your work assignments.
- Apply problem-solving skills and execute solutions to difficult problems independently.
- Apply supply chain cost, value stream capabilities, and economic principles.
- Coach engineering tasks and skills to others.
- Define and complete engineering tasks with minimal oversight of leadership.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to products and processes.
- Independently develop and apply engineering approaches to projects and assignments.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Present work output in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide proposal and planning of projects to the budget owner using theappropriate request process.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited program.
- Four to sevenyears of professional engineering experience with a proven competency in achieving results.
- Project management experience (may be essential for some assignments). Process Engineer ispreferred for some assignments.
- Knowledge in Lean principles and their application.
- The abilityto assess process concepts and determine where continuous improvement opportunities exist.
- The abilityto communicate effectively with people at various levels including Production, Engineering, and management, and the abilityto work well with and develop a partnering relationship with other team members.
- Knowledge in the use of common office automation, communication, software, and tools; Herman Miller mainframe applications; and engineering-related software.
- Problem-solving skills andthe abilityto apply engineering expertise to solving problems.
- The abilityto assess priorities and determine a course of action with minimal day-to-day supervision, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and respond effectively to changes which affect project plans.
- An overall business sense and anunderstanding ofhow decisions impact business results.
- The abilityto perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.