The Herman Miller Group Technology Team is building a customer-centric, digitally enabled business model to reshape the way our family of brands does business. We're driving new revenue growth and creating frictionless internal processes through our innovative technology solutions, and we need a Development Sourcing Manager to help us get there!
In this role, you will work to grow the digital capability in our Live Platform within Herman Miller on a small, agile team. You'll be involved with the new product development of the All-in-One Paddle International Product Rollout Global Device Certification to support Live Platform's international growth.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Managing the material cost, lead-time, capital investment, capacity, development effort, and quality and testing initiatives within the selected supply base based on the development criteria
- Highlighting risks and developing countermeasures for potential impacts to quality, reliability, total cost, and timing for a new product
- Coordinating the value stream analysis for global launches and recommending worldwide and regional tooling strategies to support new product launches globally
- Creating a new product development strategic sourcing plan by coordinating meetings with Commodity Managers and Supplier Development Managers to determine preferred suppliers by supplier performance criteria and development competency
- Supporting and coordinating with Product Development teams to identify and implement improvements (Value Analysis/Value Engineering - VAVE)
- Developing the supply base to align with the needs/requirements identified by the project team during the development process, including new or innovative supplier processes
- Developing and implementing a transition plan of new components/products to the Commodity teams, including value stream analysis, short- and long-term costs, and capacity improvement opportunities
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with appropriate internal teams and external suppliers with an understanding of global and diverse sources of supply.
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Four to six years of experience
- Professional procurement experience with exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes and commodities, or related experience in an operational leadership role
- Working knowledge of all aspects of business operations, including finance, accounting, Legal, supply management, materials management, engineering, quality, manufacturing, etc.
- Ability to do cost analysis and willingness to learn and apply Herman Miller Performance System (HMPS) thinking to supplier process and value streams
- Successful negotiation skills
- Project management, supply management, and organization skills
- Communication and collaboration and an entrepreneurial spirit
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.