- Zeeland, MI, USA
- Full Time
Plascore is an established global manufacturer of honeycomb core, composite structures, and cleanrooms. Plascore's light weight, industrial strength, honeycomb technology is utilized for a multitude of applications within the aerospace, automotive and marine industries. Plascore is an employee driven organization, fueled by professional teams with dedicated years of service to manufacturing.
Plascore is seeking a Facilities Manager to work closely with our engineering and manufacturing teams. This position offers many opportunities for innovation and improvement. This individual manages and directs the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings and grounds, and other facilities by performing the duties personally or through subordinates.
The ideal candidate will have had exposure in a multitude of areas such as: facilities management, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Oversees the maintenance of all building systems and estimates the remaining life of major items such as the roof, HVAC, air compressors etc. so that good budget planning can occur.
- Inspects buildings' structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Controls activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Documents maintenance and facilities processes and procedures. Drafts and executes related applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the facility is clean, safe, and maintained according to company policy, procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contracts for construction and acquisitions, in conjunction with department heads.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Variety of work (balance of desk work and factory floor work)
- Directs workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment. Directs workers in plumbing, pipefitting and welding duties.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery.
- Manages related contractors and manages/reviews service contracts.
- Seven or more years of progressive responsibility in a Facilities/Maintenance leadership role.
- A professional level of knowledge in a specialized field equivalent to that ordinarily acquired by completing a four-year baccalaureate program.
- Ability to work under general direction and exercises a high level of independent judgment
- A high level of analytical ability in administrative and technical problems
Job benefits include:
- Full benefit package
- Generous vacation policy with yearly increases up to a maximum of 6 weeks
- Competitive base salary plus incentive bonus
- Security of work for an established, growing company that serves a diverse customer base
- Must be eligible to work on programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card').
For more information about our company, please visit our web site at . We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.