The Director of Fund Development serves as the lead strategist for agency fund development, to set and achieve annual and multi-year agency revenue goals. The primary objectives are to serve as the primary staff support in fundraising matters for the ED and the Board of Directors, to manage the agency’s giving programs, including individual gifts, foundations, corporations, and endowment and planned giving. This position serves as the agency’s principal coordinator for the agency’s fundraising events and initiatives, including but not limited to the annual Benefit Dinner as well as the annual golf and bowling events.
This position interfaces with a large number of high-level community leaders, donors, and committee members, and represents the agency on a regular basis both internally and externally.
- Setting and achieving, in close collaboration with the ED, annual and multi-year agency revenue goals.
- Developing and implementing a written plan for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding the number of donors needed to reach agency revenue goals.
- Strategize, plan, guide and execute the individual giving program, leading efforts to acquire and cultivate donors at all levels, to ensure adequate donor prospects in alignment with the agency’s annual revenue goals.
- Strategize, plan, guide and execute donor stewardship, leading efforts to ensure donors are recognized, actively engaged, and motivated to continue and/or increase gifts annually.
- Responsible for ensuring that all updates and management of the agency’s fund development database are complete and accurate, are performed in a timely manner, and all standards and database integrity and quality control are met.
- Responsible for oversight of all aspects of agency fundraising initiatives. Defines needs, event purposes, and goals. Responsibilities may include administrative tasks and duties to ensure completion of all event components.
- Works with committees in defining roles, training, guidance, and follow-up of responsibilities, assignments, and commitment. Schedules meetings, retains meeting notes, monitors and retains records and communication for/to all committee members. While the fundraising events are committee-driven, at times a leadership role will be required.
- Development of messages and materials for marketing of the events in coordination with Marketing and Media outlets.
- Coordinate all aspects of event preparation including: budgeting and financial statements; facility arrangements and event logistics (food and beverages, seating arrangements, decorations, etc.); coordination of volunteers/workers and training of such; speaker/entertainment acquisition, etc.
- Coordination and management of sponsorships, auction donations, ticket sales including assessment of giving levels and assuring appropriate contacts for each event.
- Define and coordinate after-event components including tax/contribution/thank you letters, retention of records, data entry, balancing revenue and expense records in agency financial reports, database, and applicable spreadsheets.
- Coordinates BBBS’ support staff tasks and responsibilities in conjunction with events.
- Attends and participates in meetings and/or activities as designated including: department and agency all-staff meetings, agency match activities, fundraisers, and other functions as applicable.
- Represents the organization at community events\meetings, local and regional functions as applicable, and serves on the United Way Speakers’ Bureau.
- Assume special duties as assigned and handle work in an extremely confidential manner.
- Participate in and contribute to the leadership and strategy team.
- Monitor fundraising results and report updates to the ED and Board.
- BBBS embraces and supports philosophies related to diversity and inclusiveness, all BBBS staff are required to complete 10 hours of inclusion training opportunities per year.
- All other duties as assigned.