Customer Service and Order Entry Representative- GSA
SoundOff Signal, a growing ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) firm located near Grand Rapids MI, is looking to add to our Customer Service Team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates SoundOff Signal's Core Values daily with both internal and external customers.
- Provides information to customers, answering questions, and solves problems to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Phone calls - In coming/outgoing.
- Responsible for day-to-day entry of customer purchase orders
- Responsible for day-to-day entry of vendor purchase orders
- Responsible for day-to-day entry of GSA quotes
- Responsible for processing customer and vendor invoices.
- Acts as the main point of Customer Service contac
t and interface between the company and our customers and vendors.
- Generate and maintain daily sales reporting.
- Sales Order backlog
- Purchase Order backlog
- Other reporting as requested.
- Maintain customer and account data.
- Support Customer Service/order entry/Invoicing needs as necessary or as time permits on the domestic side of the business.
- Able to perform job consistently without excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
- Ensure that all purchase orders comply with legal, departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure they also comply with any contract terms & conditions.
- Coordinate and administer the approval process for purchase orders when necessary.
- Maintain proper documentation within M2M of the approval, termination, and extension of all purchase orders.
- Maintain Government Programs M2M process flow and work instructions when needed.
- Assists with Government Programs customer quoting documents when needed.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers/vendors and ensure that the issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, assess, and fulfill customer needs and educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking.
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot customer issues over the phone.
- Use automated information systems to analyze the customer's situation.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both the customer and company.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer's experience.
- Responsible for compiling and generating reports as they relate to customer service surveys.
- Knowledge of Contracts and file locations
- Ability to help sales and customers who inquire about contracts.
- Daily interaction with Shipping, Materials, Tech Services, Accounting and Sales Department
- Prioritize daily work assignments between customer requests and inquires as well as internal requests with the ability to complete them in a timely manner.
- Assist the regional and district Sales Managers in their region with added support activities including monthly reports, sales quotes, sample requests and daily tasks as needed.
- Strong ability to multitask while staying focused on quality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Quality focused with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Must be able to positively handle conflict and customer issues.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to make suggestions to improve processes when necessary.
- Able to follow and understand work instructions.
- Ability to successfully multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and thorough typing and data-entry skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and retain information provided from trainings, huddles, meetings, etc. with minimal assistance.
- High School Diploma.
- MS Office Suite programs (especially Excel & Word)
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience
- Minimum 2 years of clerical experience (especially data entry)
To Apply:Please apply on our company website
SOUNDOFF SIGNAL offers a positive work environment, a competitive compensation package with a significant base salary, annual bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision insurance, life and disability insurance; vacation/holiday/community service time; on-site gym; retirement plan with generous match, and more.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.