Total responsibility for the safe, quality, and efficient operation of a press.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operation of a stamping press including proper set-up from last-piece to first-piece approval.
- Assists in setting up dies and related equipment when job is complete, following current standardized set-up instructions.
- Ensures that the proper material is loaded on to coil cart and fed efficiently into the processing equipment, and that the proper dunnage and packaging is available following current standardized set-up instructions.
- Inspects product at defined intervals following specified criteria as defined in work instructions/inspection records.
- Verify certification of all handheld inspection devices and gauges.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition, following 5S standards.
- Responsible for following work instructions and scheduling.
- Understanding and working knowledge of all job-related Quality Objectives, Quality System Policies, Procedures, and Instructions.
IMPACT ON CUSTOMER QUALITY Failure to perform these activities will likely result in dissatisfaction to the internal/external customer.
- Follow established instructions and quality standards.
- Responsible for the safety of self, teammates and product from damage and/or injury.
- Proper set up of dies following current standardized set-up instructions.
- Insures correct packaging and piece-counts on skids/containers.
- Proper first/last hit inspections of parts; communicate that the die is ready for the next set or need for repair to the Tooling group.
- Perform accurate reporting of production quantities into AX system.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Hilo license preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and write documents such as safety rules, production and quality recording and manufacturing work instructions.
The PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT described here are representative of those that must be met/encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to finger, handle, feel and reach; frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear; occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is usually loud. All proper PPE must be worn in all manufacturing areas and responsible for maintaining PPE standards.