Job Summary:Support the manufacturing, production and shipping/receiving functions through the movement of material by using a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) or various alternative equipment.
- Gather items needed from paint for assembly at the beginning of each shift
- Collaborate with leaders on the shop floor every 30 minutes to see what is needed.
- Obtain information about what shipments are being sent per each day to properly stage and photograph prior to being loaded on trucks.
- Ensure all material and items are appropriately tagged and labeled, prior to being relocated through the production facility
- Stack product and materials safely and ensure materials are kept free from the ground
- Stage material for saw department prior to the end of each shift
- Empty trash cans at the end of each shift and ensure parking lot is picked up and free of debris
- Bring any material inside prior to end of shift
- Continuously keep all glass racks and skids organized on the outside of the building
- Shovel sidewalks, doorways and spread out salt when needed during inclement weather
- Maintain proper communication with Hi-Lo Lead when relocating any WIP material
- Adhere to all safety specifications including stacking heights, seat belt use, speed limits, signage etc.
- Maintain a high-level of awareness when operating a PIT of surroundings to ensure safety of all team members, product and equipment.
- Perform battery charging and changes safely, while adhering to Brasco’s guidelines.
- Maintain a log for powered industrial truck
- Other duties assigned