At Georgia-Pacific, we don't believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Milan, MI facility has an immediate need for Maintenance Technicians. Our technicians work as a team to support the operation and maintenance of our manufacturing equipment. This is a skilled hourly position that requires troubleshooting and performing maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who has a thorough understanding of safe work practices. If you are passionate about technical maintenance and have a desire to learn, we would like to hear from you! What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems
- Repairand maintain all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Record maintenance and repair activities in a computer-based system
- Use hand tools, power tools and precision measuring devices as well as testing instruments
- Work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of manufacturing/industrial maintenance experience
- One (1) or more years of electrical troubleshooting in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting programmable logical controllers (PLCs)
- Experience utilizing preventative and predictive maintenance concepts
- Experience operating a motorized fork lift or clamp truck
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Mechanical or electrical certification(s)
- Welding experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com.