Production Manager - Repack (1st Shift, M - F 5:30 am - 2:30 pm)
Why join Natural Choice Foods?
There has never been a more exciting time to work for Natural Choice Foods. Come be part of a company that is growing and expanding into new lines of business. You will be joining a culture focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career.
Our new facility in Marne, Michigan features a variety of work environments to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration.
We are home to dynamic and hardworking employees dedicated to quality, communication, collaboration, and integrity.
We take care of our team and their families. We offer competitive pay including an incentive program and generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K match, paid time off and holidays, employee discounts, and life insurance.
We nurture professional growth and development and have coaching and mentoring programs that allow our employees to thrive professionally and personally.
We are proud to celebrate successes and give back to the community that supports us!
Do you think you are the right person for the job? Then we would want to hear from you! Apply now!
Natural Choice Foods is a full-service, solutions-oriented buyer of closeout and overstock inventory with over 20 years in the food industry. As a solution to inventory and overstock dilemmas, we turn overstock into opportunity! We have a broad reach of customers in the secondary markets – discount stores, foodservice outlets, and correctional facilities – across a wide geography. Natural Choice Foods is firmly committed to food safety and traceability.
We are seeking a resourceful, results-oriented, Production Manager who will lead our efforts to ensure successful production of products through the Repack department. Actively managing the supervision of the daily operations for Repack, you will work closely with multiple departments within Natural Choice Foods to ensure that our strategic and operational objectives are met.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and have a full understanding of the processes they are involved in, including meeting HACCP requirements.
- Successfully oversee scheduling and routine production activities as well as acting as first-line troubleshooting should problems arise.
- Ensures reliable and cost-effective performance and adheres to OSHA, USDA, and FDA regulations.
- Oversees productivity that is safe, efficient, accurate, and ensures seamless changeover of products.
- Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures are developed and maintained for all aspects of the Repack business.
- Completes the schedule plan by establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, and reporting production results on end of shift production summaries. Documents steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
- Provides technical guidance to sanitation, maintenance, and machine operator teams during repack operations, including shutdowns and startups.
- Responsible for scheduling both employees and production support staff to ensure optimal execution of production schedules.
- Promote continuous improvement activities to improve productivity, quality, environment, and health and safety goals.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs and evaluating and implementing new equipment and techniques.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action, and performance management.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees, and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Ensures that all employees follow all safety and food safety procedures, including the proper use of all PPE.
- Maintains systems related to IT-based business-intelligence, inventory, and resource planning tools, including but not limited to closing jobs, keeping an inventory, creating requests and reports.
- Supports implementation of new methods, procedures, and systems to improve quality and food safety.
- Effectively maintain cross-functional relationships with others in Repack as well as Operations and IT departments.
To ensure success, you should possess:
- 5 years of progressive experience in production management, with excellent project management skills.
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, along with the agility to adjust to an evolving business environment.
- A highly analytical mind and numerical savviness with the ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts and agreements.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills to interact effectively and build credibility with employees across the company.
- Skilled in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Practical knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Experience with developing and maintaining budgets.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background, and criminal check.
- Customer Engagement
- Action Oriented
- Results Focused
- Business Acumen
- Developmental Leadership
- Supervisory Responsibility:
- This position does have supervisory responsibility.
The work is generally performed in a professional office environment and warehouse. Frequent telephone and computer use are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Typical days/hours of work will be Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm however some flexibility may be required.
Reliable transportation is required. Travel to and from corporate and retail stores may be necessary