Assists resident mechanic with maintaining service operations by inspecting and
maintaining all vehicles.
On-going Preventative Maintenance is a critical component of service.
Mechanic Technician Automobile/Diesel Job Duties: Assist with-
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Completes service work orders on work performed.
- Performs routine inspections to satisfy regulations for DOT & OSHA, including safety latches and hatches, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance.
- Repair cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems; tune engines using standard testing equipment.
- Operate vehicles and equipment to aid in diagnostics; pick up and deliver vehicles and parts.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Clean and maintain the garage area and equipment.
- Perform related duties as required
Mechanic Technician Automobile Skills and Qualifications:
Lifting, Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information
The ability to earn certifications is critical and expected over time.
All employees must pass a background check and a drug test. Incumbent must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. A CDL license is preferred or the ability to obtain one within 60 days.
Healthcare Benefits available, Paid vacation available
Pay rate dependent on experience.