The Assistant Cooker Operator is responsible assisting in the plant operations, including but not limited to the monitoring of PLCs, pumps and grinders to help ensure quality assurance.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Always conduct yourself in a safe and controlled manner, following all required safety rules.
- Will assist in the cooking process within selected parameters when needed.
- Document plant operations per our GMP program.
- Notify shift manager of any issues or maintenance problems.
- Maintain finished product grinding and load out areas.
- Monitor processing equipment gauges and control.
- Responsible for blowing grease lines as required.
- Responsible for cleaning up, to include but not limited to shoveling the floor, hosing floors and machinery down, using wheelbarrows and PIT's.
- Monitor and maintain proper operating parameters and flows in the odor control equipment.
- Monitor and maintain wastewater pretreatment equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or agricultural environment preferred.
- Experience in a rendering facility or production environment preferred.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Works well with others in a team environment.
- Dependable, reliable; ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours and work 12 hour shifts occasionally.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to work 40-60 hours per week.
Must be able to work in a hot or cold environment (100 degrees F to 45 degrees F); occasional outside work in all 4 seasons. Be able to handle odors associated with animal by-products.