AJM Packaging Corporation is seeking Machine Operator employees to join our team in Southgate, MI.
Benefits: At AJM our comprehensive benefits package truly sets us apart. This exciting position is eligible for company paid medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability, and a 401K matching plan. Plus, AJM provides company paid vacation days, sick days, and holidays.
- Location: AJM Packaging, 11800 Reeck Rd, Southgate, MI 48195
- Schedule: Full time and hiring on all shifts
- Company Paid Benefits – BC/BS
- Perform a range of production support responsibilities, to include various appropriate machine adjustments and a range of maintenance tasks.
- Support start-up operations by stripping, preparing, setting and changing rolls.
- Gather finished product from machines and box, bag or package as required.
- Check the condition and quality of the finished product and remove any that do not meet AJM quality standards.
- Maintain accurate count of product when packing or bagging, as well as, keeping pace with the varying production speeds/levels.
- Secure cases to prevent shifting or moving by stacking them in an orderly manner.
- Complete all other duties the Supervisor deems necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous Factory or Manufacturing experience is a plus, but not required
About AJM Packaging Corporation: AJM Packaging is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of disposable paper products including paper plates, cups, bowls, and bags. For more than 60 years, we have invested in our company and our people. We are proud to create over 3,000 jobs in our eight manufacturing plants strategically located across the USA, and our corporate office in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Despite our growth, we are still a family-owned and operated business and we remain committed to providing the reliable service and quality that has been important to AJM since the day our founders started the business.
Career Development: At AJM, we realize we will only go as far as our employees take us and, for that reason, we invest millions of dollars every year on both classroom and on-the-job training to develop our employees’ skills and promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement. There are no barriers to impede your progress here and no ceilings to halt your advance. You’ll control your own destiny and we will help you reach your full potential with both in-house development programs and tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate level college studies. See where your AJM journey will take you.
Working at AJM during COVID-19: AJM is proud to have been designated a critical infrastructure employer and, as such, has remained open throughout the global pandemic supplying disposable paper products and packaging to supermarkets, club stores, restaurants, pharmacies and other retailers, wholesalers, distributors and institutions. In order to fulfill our customer commitments and our obligation to the country, we had to, first, ensure the health and safety of our dedicated employees while they were on the job. Towards that end we quickly developed and installed a robust Coronavirus containment and mitigation program employing all the tools at our disposal, including, but not limited to, face masks, gloves, daily temperature checks and questionnaires, common touchpoint sanitation, testing, contact tracing and quarantine.
AJM Packaging Corporation is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and as an equal opportunity employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin or other legally protected status.