Maintains the proper handling, organization and preservation of all detainee/inmate medical records. Provides clerical functions as directed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Files all medical records in alphabetical order adhering to color-coded system.
- Files and attaches medical information in each medical record according to dates of incarceration or date of service.
- Obtains physician signatures on all diagnostic studies before filing.
- Maintains both active and inactive files.
- Provides records as requested by health providers and administrative staff.
- Schedules appointments with outside consulting health professionals as assigned.
- Prepares monthly statistics and reports as assigned.
- Performs secretarial duties, i.e. answers telephones, types, files, as required.
- Performs other related marginal duties as assigned.