The Controls Engineer position will be responsible for designing and programming PLC’s, HMI’s and other types of electrical equipment, while working with the team to improve process efficiencies and improve quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customers controls and safety specifications, and ensure controls hardware and software designs comply with those specifications
- Communicate with suppliers on products and process concerns
- Participate in automation design reviews
- Work with other employees to solve problems and continuously improve processes and quality
- Ensure product integrity during design, engineering changes and new product launch processes
- Managing workload by setting priority of work orders
- Provide support for onsite installation of equipment at customer’s facility
- Design and program PLC, HMI, robots, and other types of electronic or electrical manufacturing equipment
- Maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Provide support for controls issues and assist in and occasionally lead in the trouble shooting of malfunctioning equipment
- Follow all company safety protocol
- In depth experience and understanding of the automation industry
- Efficient in time and priority management and multi-tasking
- Ability to maintain a good relationship between the company and customer
- Candidate should have excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Program and debug of automated robotic welding, fastening and assembly systems
- Able to program Allen Bradley Panel View (HMI) and PLC.
- Ability to manage onsite installation of equipment at the customer’s facility.
- Experience working with Mechanical engineering.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting electrical controls.
- Ability to create or modify electrical schematics using Auto CAD.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding.
- Use an objective approach toward decision making.
- Install hardware and wiring.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Reporting to work on time and with a positive attitude
- Appropriate dress attire and personal hygiene along with cleanliness
- Responsible for staying focused on tasks at hand
- Being responsible for work performance and completing tasks throughout the day
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-worker
- Support a positive and steady workflow through the company
- Works with a sense of urgency when needed
- Support, coach, or mentor co-workers when needed
- Positively supports change throughout the company
This position has no supervisory responsibility and will report to the President.
Physical Work Conditions
The physical demands required to successfully perform the job are as follows.
- The employee will need to be able to stand, walk, sit or kneel
- The employee will need to be able to lift up to 50 pound
- The employee will need to be able to read, write, hear and talk
- Proper personal protective equipment must be worn when required
Education Required/ Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred or 3- 5 years related experience in the automation industry
- Experience in Auto CAD electrical
- 3 – 5 years Integration experience
Please note that this is just an overview and that responsibilities may change at any time along with providing support in other areas.