- Perform work as directed by the Lead-Standard Weld.
- Read, comprehend and follow Standard Products Department Work Instructions.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to properly setup and use welding machines (TIG, MIG and Spot) for the proper material type and thickness.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to identify proper welding technique required, for example, proper weld temperature, speed and penetration for the required material type and thickness.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to properly weld the following normally used materials:
a) 20-, 16- & 12-gauge 304 stainless steel
b) 16-gauge 316L stainless steel
c) 20-, 16- & 12-gauge Cold Rolled Steel (CRS)
d) 7-gauge and ¼” Hot Rolled Steel (HRS)
e) 3/16” Hot Rolled Steel (HRS) Angle and Channel
f) 16- and 12-gauge Paintloc galvanized steel
6. Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to properly prepare parts and materials for the required welding procedure.
7. Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to correctly fabricate weldments that are square and true to the provided print(s).
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to read, understand and follow department work instructions.
- Basic math and measuring skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience in MIG/TIG and spot-welding techniques, 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Experience using basic hand and power tools.
- High school diploma or GED; welding certificate or training preferred.