Electrician Experience Level HLND
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking an Electrician to work at our sauces, and pickles processing facility in Holland, MI. Successful candidates must be willing to contribute improvements suggestions and ideas to help continue the success of our facility. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated along with demonstrate adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment. This position requires individuals to perform general production duties in a food manufacturing environment following strict quality and safety standards.
- Must have steel toe shoes/boots
- Experience with and knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Master Electrical license required
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and industrial skills as well as demonstrated PLC experience strongly preferred
- Candidates must be available to work all shifts including second, third & weekends and holidays
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer - Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categoriesBenefits & Compensation Overview:
*$300 - After 3 months*$400 - After 6 months*$800 - After 1 year
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term disability
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HAS) with Company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Starting Pay Rate $21.83 - $29.23 an hour (depending on experience)
Monday-Saturday, 10pm-6:30amPlant & Community Overview:
- Approximately 300 employees
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities- assigned based on business needs and seniority
- Union Plant, represented by UFCW Local 705
- Products: Vinegar, BBQ Sauces, Relish, Pickles, Mustard
- The Holland plant is one of the oldest plants in the company and has been operating since 1897. Although, locally known as the "pickle factory", currently pickles only make up 5% of the total production. In 2016 the factory installed grey poupon mills to allow the production of its iconic mustard.
Areas of responsibility include maintaining and repairing manufacturing equipment, machinery, and plant systems. A successful candidate in this role is a fast learner, likes to observe and recommend changes to improve their jobs. Feels comfortable working with electrical and mechanical equipment. Candidates in this role will be required to perform all job duties assigned by their supervisor. This is an ideal job for somebody looking for long term career with a stable, reputable company.Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings, schematics, logic diagrams and blueprints.
- This position is also responsible for properly sizing wire runs and bending and installing conduit for new electrical installations.
- This position will use hand tools, shop tools, and test equipment to troubleshoot varied electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical components and systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical and electronic systems.
- Design, program, install and repair PLC/Control systems.
- Install and program Frequency drives.
- Modify existing PLC and controls systems for better functionality and efficiency.
- Also provides technical support (troubleshooting, programming, systems support) to ongoing maintenance operations, communications systems, network systems, and machine and plant electrical systems as assigned.
- Perform set-up, start-up and changeover procedures for the equipment as needed.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Perform all required observations and training timely and as scheduled.
- Support Plant Quality Systems.
- Responsible to follow FSQ requirements such as GMP's and other daily/job specific duties to support QRMP.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Leader.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.