Herman Miller's Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their careers. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
As aSalesCommunications Coordinator Intern, you'll create day-to-day content for our dealers and sellers within our existing Field Communications strategy.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
What You'll Do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Field Communications Manager with regular content creation, distribution list management, reporting, and collaboration with adjacent teams
- Writing field communications pieces for email, web, and our intranet
- Submitting written pieces for internal publication
- Helping admin our database of contact information
- Assisting with delivering content to the appropriate channels
- Attending meetings for collaborative communications projects
- Reviewing corporate communications projects and reviewing with the team what planned communications are upcoming for the field
- Meeting with content creators to understand their needs and begin planning communications
- Reporting on the performance of communications pieces using standard email engagement metrics and website data
- Gaining on-the-job work experience aligned with your career goals
- Performing additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business goals
Sound Like You?
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with remote collaboration tools like Skype or Microsoft Teams
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Communication, time management, and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with a content management system or email platforms like WordPress, Mail Chimp, or other web-based tools like Survey Monkey (preferred)
- Enrollment in afour-yearBachelor'sdegree inEnglish, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or a related fieldfrom an accredited college or university, and able to providetranscripts upon request.
- You must have a GPA of at least 3.0(cumulative or within your major)to qualify for consideration in the Intern Program.
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Favorable academic standing within your current academic program
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makersreflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinaryis our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to helping everyone reach their full potential.
We are better togetherdemonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone who wants to do great work and be part of a winning team. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.