This Specification defines the job description of Human Resources Manager at the Adient, Northwood facility, as per the direction of the Employee Hiring Procedure.
This Specification applies to the Adient, Northwood facility.
Each Department Manager is responsible for creating all job descriptions for the various positions at this facility.
The Plant Manager and HR Manager are responsible for verifying accuracy and approving all job descriptions.
Responsible for establishing and implementing employee programs and monitor processes that foster and promote a climate of trust, cooperation and confidence. Advises and assists in the evaluation and installation and /or modification of compensation programs that are, and that will be perceived as, fair and equitable. Consistent with the personnel programs and activities in a manner that engenders open and direct communications between the Company and all employees and obviate a need for third party intervention. Plans and carries out
- Advises the Plant Manager on employee-related matters as they relate to the effective and efficient operations of the plant. Recommends to the Plant Manager those policies and procedures most likely to promote good employee relations.
- Maintains harmonious relations between employees and plant management. Disseminates management's position on appropriate matters to employees. Measures and feeds-back sentiments regarding the workplace, Company programs, and other job-related matters.
- Organizes and implements the recruitment, selection, placement and orientation of newly hired, transferred, or promoted employees. Establishes and coordinates continuing performance review procedures as appropriate. Assures compliance with all labor laws, wage and hour, affirmative action and equal opportunity legislation as well as all other employee-related requirements.
- Formulates and administers the plant's employee relations and personnel programs in accordance with Corporate and Group policies and procedures. Prepares handbooks and instructions which communicate Management's desires to acquaint employees with internal procedures and benefits.
- Assures equitable, motivating wage and salary administration procedures. Keeps abreast of compensation levels and trends in the general vicinity of the plant as they affect employee compensation. Administer the Company's various insurance and other benefit programs.
- Establishes and maintains accurate personnel employment records which fulfill legal, corporate and general business requirements for pertinent up-to-date employee information.
- Identifies, plans and conducts or coordinates training programs, seminars, etc., designed to develop a high degree of competency, performance and commitment at all employee levels.
- Conducts an aggressive safety and accident prevention program which involves educating employees, maintaining good housekeeping, providing and enforcing the use of safety equipment, providing effective medical/first aid procedures and services, establishing relationships with local medical facilities, reporting and maintaining complete and accurate records of injuries and assuring compliance with OSHA and Worker's Compensation regulations.
- Engages in safe practices as well as follows safety rules and job rotations.
- Must be willing to report unsafe conditions, reporting unsafe acts, participating in safety/ergonomic committees, participating in safety Kaizen events, participating in blue sky initiatives, participating in safety audits, and participating in safety observation feedback events.
- Assist the plant in achieving safety goals while achieving and maintaining Safe Workplace and Environmental and Sustainability objectives.
- Represents the Company's interest at unemployment, Worker's Compensation, Civil Rights, or other such administrative procedures as required. Represent the Company by membership and/or participation in professional, civic, charitable, or similar organizations as appropriate.
- Responsible for implementation of corrective and preventative action and follow-up when discrepancies are detected.
- Reviews and understands the Customer Specific Requirements.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or the equivalent in a responsible position.
Three to Five years in a responsible Human Resource Management function. This should have involved in the successful creation of good employee relations atmosphere, effective use of written and oral communications, productive interpersonal relations at all levels, and demonstrated observation of non-union status.
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email email@example.com.