Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is a start-up engineering, manufacturing and supply chain solution provider. Our facility is in the Grand Rapids area with a primary focus on a newly developed robotic vehicle program. While this company is a start-up, it is part of a larger portfolio of businesses with a strong support network and proven track record of success in several markets. We are looking for people that are passionate, innovative and driven to consistently do whatever it takes to make our customers succeed.
- Develops, implements, and maintains the Quality Management System
- Establish and execute the Quality audit plan
- Lead company’s efforts in ISO and AS9100 certification and compliance
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure that process controls are robust; error proof the processes
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with Operations to maximize product reliability.
- Prepares organization for third-party audits and maintains inspection reports and records.
- Develops, maintains, and provides training materials per the Training Program for production personnel.
- Lead the root cause identification and correction process
- Develops and/or adapts inspection equipment to meet quality control standards, make suggestions with regard to procedures, standards and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
- Lead lean manufacturing and six sigma improvement efforts
- Willing to travel to various business locations to ensure a thorough understanding of our products, processes and facilities.
- Any other task as requested by supervisor
TEAM MEMBER PERKS:
- Competitive salary
- 80 hours PTO after 90 days
- Insurance benefits begin on start date
- 401k with employer match
- Casual work environment – Jeans everyday
- Brand new facility - temperature controlled
- Tuition reimbursement
- Safety toe footwear allowance of $120 annually
- Open door policy – come on in and share your ideas!
- Great TEAM environment
- Closed with holiday pay the week of July 4th and the week between Christmas and New Year
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Accounting and Analysis: Ability to read and understand financial statements, budgets and forecasts and act on the data.
Humility: Ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to learn from them.
Organization: Ability to simplify processes, organize tasks, data, and files to help improve the overall efficiency of the department.
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing.
Training: Able to clearly document company procedures and policies and train staff and employees on these company procedures and policies
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Quality or similar field.
Minimum 7 years’ experience preferred
- Computer Skills: Advanced Microsoft Office experience required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Normal office conditions are expected.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, regularly required to stand and walk. Employee regularly uses hands and fingers to touch, feel, handle. Employee regularly stoops, kneels, bend at the waist, and reaches. Employee is frequently required to speak and hear. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds on occasion.