Position Summary: Responsible for general accounting close & supporting duties including, but not limited to; recording financial transactions, maintaining accurate accounting records, balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations, financial statements, and a variety of reports and analyses to assist management in financial reporting and decision making while leading General Accounting activities (AR/AP). Lead monthly and annual general ledger closings, annual audits, budgets and cash flow. Provide other accounting and financial support to the VP of Finance as needed for all Convivial Brands Corporations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable department team members (LMA): Daily management of accounting and finance staff to include directing of work assignments/ role accountabilities, talent acquisition (recruitment), and performance assessment/ management that motivates and builds trust and team collaboration resulting in the accomplishment of established weekly, monthly, and annual goals.
- Analyzes, verifies, and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records. Overall ownership of General Ledger accuracy & integrity.
- Reviews other’s input, investigates, and corrects accounting entries as needed.
- Ensure the integrity and data accuracy in the financial system.
- Lead month-end, quarter-end and year-end general ledger closing cycle.
- Lead financial statement preparation and account reconciliations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-entity, semi-complex intercompany reconciliations (4-6 entities)
- Assists with the financial planning development & cycle.
- Maintains/distributes Actual vs Plan Financial Reporting, with insightful reports to explain monthly and quarterly drivers of variances the two.
- Assists with the banking, Cash Flow maintenance and reporting.
- Post month-end commission accrual entries. This includes auditing, maintaining, and updating sales employee's commission accrual accounts. Coordinate with Payroll & Benefits manager to compile payroll journal entries.
- Responsible for sales and use tax process including research of technical issues, state compliance and coordination with outside agency to process returns.
- Prepares, schedules, and reports for year-end CPA audit and any other audits during the year.
- Assist with preparation for the annual External Bank and 401k Audit.
- Works closely with Accountant/Financial Analyst on automating processes and procedures.
- Standardize, streamline, recommend, and prioritize improvements, and increase the reliability and efficiency of reporting. Provide scoping documents for systems enhancements.
- Proven capability of advanced analytical skills, attention to detail, dealing with ambiguity, and ability to manage tight deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial reporting for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving.
- Comfortable working with large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior leadership in a concise and actionable manner.
- Analyze monthly financial results, identify trends and variances to budget and prior year, prepare commentaries explaining results and complete summaries/management reports/presentations for the VP of Finance, Senior Management and other key stakeholders.
- Organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines and working within prescribed time constraints.
- Assists the Finance Team with special projects.
- Cross Train other Finance Team Member Responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values at all times.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all company proprietary information.
- Treat visitors, vendors, customers, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Directly lead, supervise, and develop Accounting team members who are responsible for Accounts Receivable/Credit & Accounts Payable.