You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Real Estate Analyst at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
The Herman Miller Group Real Estate Analyst supports all strategic and tactical real estate activity for Herman Miller Group globally. In partnership with business unit experts, real estate, development, and operations colleagues, you'll work collaboratively to support the development of showroom, office, retail, and manufacturing portfolios to align with applicable business objectives.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Assist in location search, review, and selection.
- Assist in the development of real estate strategies for Herman Miller Group business units, partnering with Design, Architecture, and Development colleagues and external consultants.
- Assist in the preparation of requests for proposals for leased properties.
- Coordinate with Project Management to define work letters, tenant improvement allowances, and schedules attached to leases.
- Develop and route internal financial approval documents in partnership with administrative and finance business partners.
- Process and approve payments for leased properties not covered in rent (utilities, extra services, etc.) in partnership with administrative and finance business partners.
- Input and manage the ProLease database and create reports for critical action dates, including tracking lease expirations, renewal options, and tenant improvement reimbursements.
- Manage multiple assignments and tasks related to property and real estate project management.
- Monitor leasing financial management activities, including preparing annual budgets, reviewing operating expenses, and creating portfolio reporting.
- Monitor negotiations (coordinated with brokers) of terms for real estate transactions (new locations and lease renewals).
- Prepare documentation for internal business review, including narrative, mapping, visualization, analysis, and economic cases.
- Prepare the rent spreadsheet for monthly rent payments and track annual spend for leased properties.
- Prepare spreadsheets analyzing real estate transactions to compare key metrics for each location.
- Research and maintain knowledge of emerging real estate trends and technologies and how they may optimize current business practices.
- Travel as needed to review sites to assist with location selection.
- Work with in-house and outside Legal counsel to review all contracts, leases, and subleases.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree Yars in Architecture, Design, Property Management, Business, or another relevant academic discipline.
- Two years of retail real estate experience (preferred). International retail real estate experience is also preferred.
- The ability to report, analyze, evaluate, and reconcile financial data and information.
- Financial literacy and business acumen.
- The ability to be a highly organized self-starter and to effectively manage multiple tasks with quick changes to priorities and proposals.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills to work with internal and external business partners.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- A high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective and positive working relationships.
- The ability to be solution-focused and to identify the pros and cons of competing agendas and solutions.
- The ability to develop and leverage a professional network.
- The ability to travel as needed to achieve business objectives.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.