This position is responsible for complete electrical and pneumatic design of custom manufactured automated machinery and manufacturing test equipment. This includes, but is not limited to concept, design, and troubleshooting.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create and manage electrical/pneumatic controls schematics for new and existing machines.
2. Determines the extent and type of controls required to construct the assigned machine(s).
3. Sizes all electric and pneumatic components.
4. Contacts vendors for information needed.
5. Works directly with customer’s engineering to ensure design criteria meets customer specifications.
6. Progresses with designs of multiple machines.
7. Reviews, resolves and investigates opportunities that arise pertaining to active jobs.
8. Reviews with mechanical engineering intent for machine construction.
9. Reviews procedures and makes suggestions for company standards and procedures.
10. Generates and maintain bills of material required for controls construction.
11. Maintains network files as required for the controls design department.
12. Directly supervises and participates in the construction of machine manuals.
13. Gathers all appropriate literature required for the construction of machine manuals.
14. Resolves problems encountered by manufacturing.
15. Remote support to assist field service with electrical/pneumatic troubleshooting as needed on installations or support trips.
16. Occasional travel to customer facilities to assist troubleshooting if it cannot be resolved remotely.
Weekly updates on status of ongoing machine design
Must Have Bachelor’s degree in engineering-related engineering field.
Minimum 3 years of experience in controls design and engineering.
Strong with experience in ability to read and draw controls schematics.
Must be able to use AutoCAD electrical drafting on PC’s.
High Level of ability in machine building practices (wiring, plumbing, etc.).
Must have knowledge of machine control practices.
Required to have a general knowledge of industry products.
Demonstrated organizational skills.
Ability to prioritize and handle many tasks simultaneously.
Exercise team effort to achieve success.
Respect for peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Pride in company and concern for corporate image.
General house keeping of work areas.