You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Retail Account Representative at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Retail Account Representative, you'll support the growth of the Consumer business by cultivating and promoting long-term customer relationships with wholesale business partners. You will oversee and support the full lifecycle of wholesale business activities including order specification, placement, delivery, installation, warranty, product support, processes, and technology. You'll provide best-in-class service, support, and consultation to Herman Miller's wholesalers by collaborating cross-functionally with multiple departments to solve problems and resolve issues. You will develop and maintain business relationships that facilitate mutually beneficial outcomes for wholesale accounts, customers, and internal teams.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Collect, maintain, and analyze data for use in improving and enriching the customer relationship in collaboration with Herman Miller Consumer Company (HMCC.)
- Execute independent judgment and research to improve the customer experience while minimizing business risk and maximizing potential sales.
- Escalate customer requests as necessary and support wholesale accounts during direct customer interaction.
- Exhibit a high level of focus on the development and promotion of valued relationships with Herman Miller's network of wholesalers.
- Generate reports and data in response to customer needs.
- Maintain an accurate record of daily communications, ongoing issues, and resolutions taken.
- Generate and maintain proper documentation while complying with ISO work instructions and departmental standards, and propose ideas for improvements to workflow processes.
- Participate on cross-functional project teams in an effort to continuously improve performance.
- Serve as a key contact for consultation throughout the order lifecycle for Herman Miller wholesale accounts.
- Support and actively participate in achieving team goals and individual performance planning.
- Support and deliver Customer Care training initiatives to assigned wholesale accounts and internal teams on an ongoing basis, and travel as necessary to provide overviews of processes and services in conjunction with their needs.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field (preferred).
- Three years of experience in a customer service professional, sales, or direct retail customer contact position that involved extensive multimedia contact (phone, email, web-based). Manufacturing or service industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with Herman Miller's products, services, policies, processes, procedures, and technologies (a plus).
- Account, workload, and time management skills and the ability to work additional hours (including weekends) or travel as needed.
- Experience in working with Herman Miller business systems and technology with the ability to quickly adapt to new software.
- Exceptional communication skills and professional verbal, written, negotiation, listening, empathy, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience creating, negotiating, and implementing alternative solutions to a request or problem.
- Professional presentation skills and the ability to represent Herman Miller while conducting training sessions.
- The ability to participate in change as demonstrated through learning and applying new skills, procedures, or polices and integrating them effectively with existing knowledge and practices.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships in a demanding work environment.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.