About Us Thompson Thrift is a respected and nationally recognized, full-service development and construction company committed to making a positive impact in the communities we serve. We firmly believe in creating opportunities, improving communities and enhancing lives with every project we develop and build.
Position Overview Field Management position that provides on-site coordination and assists in leadership for all phases of the construction project. Assisting and managing field engineers and hourly trade employees. Position may also be required to assist in the development and implementation of corporate policies and any other responsibilities delegated by leadership.
Responsibilities • Confer with Project Manager, Owners and Contractors to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and construction problems. Daily communication is expected.
• Assist with planning, organizing, and directing all on-site activities concerned with the construction.
• Help lead subcontractors who are under contract to complete specific scopes of work on the project.
• Facilitate investigating damage, accidents or delays on construction sites to ensure that proper procedures are being met.
• Verify material deliveries and comply with procurement requirements.
• Have weekly contact with each subcontractor's foreman and review and agree to work activities required to be completed during following week and manpower to be provided.
• Assist with ensuring job site remains clean and free of construction debris to ensure safe and efficient work environment.
• Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being installed.
• Understand cost accounting and keep field team aware of project cost projections.
• Responsible for project completion and punch process.
• Provide necessary training and direction to assist staff to achieve position advancement.
Requirements • Position prefers a four-year college degree in a construction related field and/or 2-3 years of project experience to demonstrate mastery of position requirements.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to demonstrate strong competency in leadership, teamwork, communications, problem solving and initiative.
• Must exhibit professionalism and organizational expertise to blend subcontractors, and materials suppliers into an effective and efficient work force that results in a safe, on schedule and quality project.
• Must be an Organizational Leader who will stand behind the organization's decisions and work toward their realization.
• Ability to travel is required.
Organizational Relationships • Position will report to the lead Superintendent and also Vice President of Construction.