Gordon Food Service is looking for a full-time SAP S/4 HANA Developer to support a 5-year transformational journey to re-imagine critical business processes and leverage SAP S/4 HANA to support these processes. The SAP S/4 HANA developer will use their industry knowledge and understanding of software engineering to help establish a new system foundation for Gordon Food Service as part of a “green field” implementation, then use this foundation to continuously innovate in the future.
As an S/4 HANA Developer, the candidate will work with functional analysts to understand the requirements, translate that to technical design and develop the RICEFW’s (reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms, and workflows) objects. Key responsibilities include:
- Meet business requirements by developing and implementing SAP developments on S/4 HANA platform.
- Build RICEFW’s (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, Forms, and Workflows)
- Conform to development standards and conduct code reviews
- Work closely with functional analysts to determine optimal programming solutions to functional requirements in multiple process areas
- Perform unit testing and document the results
- Ensure code is migrated across project landscape according to project timelines
- Identify and fix defects during various testing cycles
- Proactively support performance tuning and maintenance activities as needed and ensure technical solutions meet the performance guidelines and standards
Job requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- At least 7 years of ABAP or Java development experience on multiple projects
- Good understanding of XML, JSON, SOAP, API and REST Web services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as good organizational and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and tools
Preferred skills include:
- Experience designing and maintaining Core Data Services (CDS) views and ODATA services
- ABAP on HANA development on version 1709 (or higher)
- Development experience across multiple functional areas (PTP, OTC, RTR, Manufacturing)
- CDS tools using ABAP in Eclipse (ADT), and ABAP Managed Database Procedures (AMDP)
- Experience in UX strategy and design, cloud based HANA development workbench, Custom Code Lifecycle Management (CCLM), and Python
- SAP business workflow development experience
- Wholesale Food Distribution industry knowledge a plus
"Preferred in the Home Office and willing to consider well qualified candidates who are elsewhere in our footprint."
For qualified applicants, Gordon Food Service will consider employment authorization sponsorship (IE: H1B) for this position.