Serves as the leader onsite for all laborers and carpenters in the field for specific assigned project. Adheres to safety, quality and efficiency standards. Travels between job sites as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Main goal is to complete all jobs assigned to them on time and within budget.
- Attend a startup meeting with the superintendent and estimator/PM to establish labor and special order items. Discuss the scope of our work and other job site conditions.
- Complete Daily huddles and Toolbox talks - plan and coordinate the work to be done each day. This should include setting goals for all that work on the project that is in our employ. At the end of the day record the work completed and how we did compared with our goals. Doing this will help you to evaluate those that work on the job.
- Manage all personnel needs with enough time to make necessary changes. Communicate increase or decrease needs with your job superintendent. Must record all labor.
- Maintain clear communication with the general contractor’s job-site foreman and or project manager on scheduling. Any scheduling difficulties should be resolved on the job.
- Anticipate material, scaffolding, and equipment needs and call your orders to the office.
- Maintain a clean job site.
- Document all extra work and have the general contractor either issue a field work order or sign an extra sheet prior to the work commencing.
- Keep track of all equipment that is shipped to the job, whether it is our equipment or rented equipment. You will be responsible for making sure it is returned from the job site. You should periodically request an inventory sheet of the equipment at your job and compare it to what you actually have.
- Attend weekly progress meetings. You represent our company at these meetings please conduct yourself professionally.
- When the job is complete. Round up all materials and equipment and put in a convenient location. Call the warehouse to have the job picked up. Make an appointment with your superintendent for a job closeout.
- Specific duties are as follows: Proficient working with all drywall hand tools, mechanical tools and sanding tools. Texturing experience and plaster experience is also a plus. Must be able to complete new construction and remodeling projects working along with other team members. Must be dependable, professional and safety conscious. You set the example for the rest of the team.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen. This position requires being able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. regularly, bending, climbing, twisting and setting up scaffold. This position also requires that the employee provide, maintain and replace their own hand tools. Power tools and all types of scaffold/lifts are provided by employer.