Established in 1948, Camp Dearborn, the city’s unique 626-acre recreational retreat in Milford, offers a wide range of overnight camping options, including rustic cabins and resort cabins, as well as sites for camper-provided tents or trailers. Camp Dearborn’s exceptional amenities include: a half-mile of sandy beach, athletic fields and tennis courts, shaded picnic areas, swimming and fishing lakes, concession stand, miniature golf course and a 27-hole championship golf course.
- Enforce rules and regulations of recreational facilities to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
- Organize, lead, and promote interest in recreational activities, such as arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies.
- Assess the needs and interests of individuals and groups and plan activities accordingly, given the available equipment and facilities.
- Manage the daily operations of recreational facilities.
- Administer first aid according to prescribed procedures and notify emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Complete and maintain time and attendance forms and inventory lists.
- Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants in recreational activities and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
- Direct special activities or events, such as aquatics, gymnastics, or performing arts.
- Supervise and coordinate the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.
- Evaluate recreation areas, facilities, and services to determine if they are producing desired results.
- Document individuals' progress toward meeting their treatment goals.
- No HS diploma/GED required; starts hire at 15
- Experience in customer service roles recommended but not required
- Should be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Seasonal job opportunity